Monday, April 26, 2010

The Greatest Game

I can't tell you how much I love Soccer and better yet, I love watching my kids play Soccer and I'm not trying to brag or anything, but I do have to say all three of our girls are the BEST!!! Steve, is their coach and works them hard learning new skills and getting them in great condition.

Here is a little history of Soccer in our family- I have been playing soccer since the age of 4. Steve on the other hand, didn't like the game and even when we got married he told me that Soccer isn't a true sport...(I had to wash his mouth out with soap on that one) 13 years of marriage 3 kids later I can't get this Man (Steve) stop thinking about Soccer. He has bought every soccer training/coaching movies out there. I find him on the computer checking out you tube checking out a drill for our girls and their teams. Steve, has been getting up at 6:10am before work/before school with the girls practicing soccer drills in our garage or kicking the ball on the rebounder practicing their shooting, trapping, pullovers, pullbacks.

I am HAPPY to know that a couple of weeks ago Steve finally said "Soccer, is the most skilled and the GREATEST sport out there." IT"S ABOUT TIME!!!

With all his movies/books/internet I do have to admit- He is the BEST COACH!!! He loves to watch the kids on his teams to grow and improve, get more self confident and score their first goal. He LOVES it!

Hailee and Taylor are really playing well together they both play every position. This year they have learned how to spread the field and to look for a pass. Hailee, is very quick, great ball controller, makes unbelieveable passes to her team mates and has a VERY hard kick that the goalkeeper usually steps aside. Taylor, she is a great center and controls the field, she has great ball control and get around anyone with her FANCY tricks, she also has a power foot and scores pretty much everytime she gets the ball. They have won all their games so far, most of the games we score atleast 10-15 goals... I know-I know we don't supposed to keep score, but WE DO...

Kennedy, is AWESOME she runs around everyone get's the ball and scores!!! She has a lot of work to do since not everyone on her team is "into" Soccer.. (Grass pickers) Kennedy, has awesome ball control for her age and she is proud that she is doing pull-backs during the games. Kennedy never quits and she is always attacking the ball-dribbling-scoring... Steve is a PROUD Coach/Dad and I am a PROUD Mom/Picture taker on the sideline...

2 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

It is nice to see that you have convinced Steve that soccer is the BEST! I am still trying to work on that in our house, these boys happen to like soccer but love baseball.

Tausha said...

I have to say that it is encouraging that Steve has become a convert. But really he's not 100% committed until he denounces baseball and soccer becomes the year round sport:) Great pics! Amazing how big the girls are getting. greg and tausha